AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom PID Icon Menu

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JReese-NC
966 Views, 6 Replies

Custom PID Icon Menu

I think my memory is just failing me but I can't seem to figure out  how to utilize a custom icon menu for P&ID components. We don't do much with P&IDs but I have a project now where I need to so I am creating some custom P&ID symbols.

We have been using custom icon menus for Schematic and Panel objects for quite a while and that is all working fine but we just never did anything with the P&ID icon menu. All of the menu files are in the proper shared locations I believe - I think I just need to point the software to the correct location in WD.ENV like our schematic & panel menus are but I don't know the correct syntax for the P&ID menu.

When I use the Icon Menu Wizard I can edit "ACE_PID_MENU.DAT" that is in our shared location but when I hit the P&ID icon menu it is just the default icon menu and doesn't reflect my changes.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

-----
JReese
Dell Precision T1600
Xeon E31245, 16GB RAM, Quadro 400
Windows 10 Professional 64bit
Autocad Electrical 2018 64bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 3 of 7
JReese-NC
in reply to: cbenner

Well this is by default set up for our custom main (schematic) icon menu (ACE_JIC_MENU.DAT). I see now by changing that to our custom PID icon menu it works and takes me right to the custom PID icon menu when when the "icon menu" ribbon button is pressed.

Maybe I'm just confused - but is there no way to specifiy both a custom icon menu for schematic components AND a custom menu for PID components at the same time? Is the standard workflow to just change this depending on whatever you are working on at the time?

-----
JReese
Dell Precision T1600
Message 4 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: JReese-NC

I can only guess, but I think the developers assumed you would only need one menu for each project.  I can see where it would be useful to be able to set one for electrical work, one for P&ID's, hydraulics etc.  So you can have one project encompass multiple types of documents.  As it is, yes, you have to switch back and forth depending on what you are currently working on.

Idea station time?  😄

Message 5 of 7
JReese-NC

Well more options are always good but this will work. 99% of the time I am usually working in one or the other so I guess it makes sense but hey; maybe in future versions. Im only on 2011 - any idea if this is still the same in 2014?

-----
JReese
Dell Precision T1600
Message 6 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: JReese-NC
Message 7 of 7
JReese-NC

Thanks for the info! I keep looking for little things to give me reasons to upgrade but they don't come easy!

-----
JReese
Dell Precision T1600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost