AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Stab Test Switch

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
davidhall
2501 Views, 24 Replies

Current Stab Test Switch

Does ACE have anything like a FT-1 test switch?  i am new to the software, and cant seem to find anything close.

example from ABB

David
Everyone has a photographic memory,
some just don't have film.
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
drathak
in reply to: davidhall

I haven't seen anything in the included libraries.  We had been showing the FT-1's in a similar fashion to how we've historically shown GE test blocks.  I have seen an FT-1 block on Siemen's breaker drawings that we may adapt to our use, but I'm still trying to work out all the kinks in a dynamic block that would let me alter the region that the switch or plug shorts around.

Hope that makes sense.

Maybe these will help. First is how we're traditionally drawn test blocks and FT-1 switches. (Example shown for a short around as well as a short out.)  The second is how Siemens show pretty much the same things on their schematics.  It is far less "schematic" than it is a wiring diagram in my opinion, but it works.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 25
davidhall
in reply to: drathak

Well the second pic is how we show it here.  1 good thing is we always use the same config, 1-2 and 19-20 are pass through, 3-18 are shorted config.  I guess the next step is to figure out best way to make the block.

David
Message 4 of 25
drathak

@davidhall wrote:

Well the second pic is how we show it here.  1 good thing is we always use the same config, 1-2 and 19-20 are pass through, 3-18 are shorted config.  I guess the next step is to figure out best way to make the block.

Who do you buy breakers from?  If your spec includes CAD drawings you make have something already...

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 5 of 25
davidhall

Most of them come from Mitsubishi.  We typically dont show it in that form, although the vendor drawing does.  Our DC and AC schemes are drawn separately.

David
Message 6 of 25
drathak

Shoot me an email at jweaver @ nespower . com   (Remove spaces.)

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 7 of 25
davidhall

I am so close to getting this figured out!  I was able to make the blocks Parent and child, the child can read from the parent for "Pinlist" but I can t seem to get the parent to pick its pins

David
Message 8 of 25
drathak

Are you putting the parent's pins in as the COILPINS?  That's where they go even if they aren't coils.  For example, the parent symbol for our SEL (and any IED) relays is the power supply.  I just put those pins in that field in the pinlist database.  Once I choose the device I want to use from the lookup table, the coil pins get added to the parent symbol.

For a PK block I just used the first set of pins as the parent.  And since we aren't building terminal strips but using premade blocks, I had to make them as P-C symbols and let the first terminal be the parent.

Hope that helps.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 9 of 25
davidhall

I did put it in the coil pins area.  The picture shows what I have done, but I am at a loss.  I know it has to be something really simple.  Also, when i insert the block, my lookup button is grayed out, so maybe that has something to do with it as well

David
Message 10 of 25
drathak

The greyed out lookup button sounds like you still have the families mixed up. (SS vs SW)  Did you purge the drawing of the old blocks before trying again?  I find that helps.

Post the parent block too, if you don't mind.  Having a look at that might help.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 11 of 25
davidhall

I have tried erase, purge, close AE and reopen, nothing is working. Do you need the child as well, or the DB?

David
Message 12 of 25
davidhall

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!  I didn't have a CAT attribute in my block for some reason.

David
Message 13 of 25
drathak

Well at first I thought the problem might be the filename.  The first 5 characters are important.  HSW1CSTAB has a C in the 5th slot and I didn't think that was kosher.  Turns out that wasn't it.  As I tried recreating the block from an exploded copy of yours, I ran the symbol audit on it.  You were missing the CAT & MFG attributes.  So there was no place for lookup info to go, hence the greyed out button.

Try this one.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 14 of 25
drathak

Glad you got it worked out!

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 15 of 25
davidhall

Thanks!!  Should I use the _ in the 5th position normally?

David
Message 16 of 25
drathak

That is what the symbol builder wanted to put there as I finished the block.  I normally let it decide that first part based on what I've chosen in the fields above it.  But you have to watch it when editing an existing block.  Mine wants to insert extra charachters now and then.  The part after the underscore is where I put my descriptive text.

Also, I noticed this and forgot to fix it, but the wire connection points may not all be right at the end of your lines.  The symbol audit said the wire connections weren't in line with the insertion point.  Then too it may be complaining about the lower set and that's not a real issue.  The top set are though.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 17 of 25
davidhall

I snapped those right to the end of the line.  Isn't that where they are supposed to be?

David
Message 18 of 25
drathak

Yep.  Like I said, it could be the two bottom ones it is complaining about.  And just because it says something is an error, doesn't mean it really is.  In this case not all of the connection points CAN be in line with the insertion point.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 19 of 25
davidhall

that makes sense.  Now to create some SEL relays and stuff.  I might get this thing working sooner than I thought

David
Message 20 of 25
drathak

Do you want to look at ours?  I have the Pwr. Supply, Input and Output blocks.  That is about all you need.

Plus I have pinlists done for several of them.

--------------
Joe Weaver

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost