AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Templates for Different Paper Sizes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aalterio
6496 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Templates for Different Paper Sizes

Hello,

I am trying to create company templates for ANSI A, B, C & D paper sizes.  For the ANSI B template I first opened ACE_ANSI_B_Color from the AutoCAD menu to have the correct size template (11x17). I then performed the "save as" function, traced the shape of the template, deleted everything from the original template and purged the drawing.  I then when on to create my template using the standard steps to create a "smart" border template. 

Once my template was complete I opened and new drawing using said template.  When I went into the icon menu to bring in a symbol the symbol came in larger than the template itself.  Is there a way that I should be setting the scale for the drawing/symbols in the template itself? 

Thank you for your help in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: aalterio

I believe that there are 2 different libraries to match the different paper sizes.

Check that you are using the correct library for the paper size.

If the library is correct, check the Feature Scale Multiplier setting in the template for block scale.

The only other place I know that allows a modification to the insert scale is in the component selection dialog. Make sure that this is set to 1.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
aalterio
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

I am using the IEC2 library.  I could not find "Feature Scale Multiplier" but I did find something called "Feature Scaling Factor" which is set to 1.  I also checked and my DIMSCALE and LTS are both set to 1.  Within the Icon Menu -->Insert Component selectrion box both the Scale Schematic and the Scale Panel are set to 1.

Since everything is set to a factor of 1, is the library an issue?  I have been using the IEC2 Library for projects so wouldn't I want the template's library to match that of what I want my project to be?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
aalterio

Is there maybe an ANSI library I should be using (since I want ANSI sizes)?

Message 5 of 6
aalterio

I just dicovered something when working on an ANSI C template:  I wanted to test the template and brought in a symbol from the template menu.  Although I am pathing to the IEC library the symbol came in as a JIC style symbol, but in the correct scale.  I realized that I had not purged the template drawing (I am working from existing AutoCAD template ACE_ANSI_C_Color).  After running the Purge command on the drawing I then tried to insert a symbol.  This time the correct symbol was brought in but it was the incorrect size (too large).  SO when I run Purge I seem to be removing whatever indicates the symbol scale.  Do you have any thoughts on how to remedy this?  Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

There are 2 IEC libraries (IEC2 & IEC4). There are also several ANSI libraries which I don't have installed.

It sounds like you have pointed the program to look at the wrong ANSI library and that is why the block is coming in at the wrong size.

When you purge a dwg of blocks, it only removes unused blocks that have been inserted in the dwg and then deleted/exploded. It does not remove any scale settings as they are seperate from the block. The blocks themselves however are drawn in a different size. IEC2 might have a block drawn at 15mm wide while IEC4 will have the same block drawn at 30mm wide.

The only blocks that don't follow this are the footprint blocks as they are normally drawn in full scale using the Inch scale.

Try setting the library to look at another ANSI library directory, purge the dwg to remove the wrong blocks and try inserting a new block. Repeat until you get the block size you require.

Regards Brad.

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost