AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a dynamic template

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Algorithmique
469 Views, 2 Replies

Create a dynamic template

Hello!

I've been wondering how you could create a dynamic template. I use AutoCAD to draw electrical schematics and use a generic template as headliner for project infos. Most of my projects are more than a page long and I was wondering how I could use some kind of variable in order not to have to copy and paste the same info over and over again, but only once per project.

Hopefully my question is clear enough. Thank you very much for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Wheelie22
in reply to: Algorithmique

You can still use Xref, and if some thing changes, you only have to change 1 drawing !

Message 3 of 3
testsubject
in reply to: Wheelie22

From the Project Tab, Select Titleblock Setup. This will help you in setting up your titleblock to use all the informaation that is available in the Project Description and Drawing Properties Dialog. After Setting up the title Block, you can then fill in the information that you want on each drawing in the Project Description Dialog Box. Drawing Specific info (3 Decription lines, Sheet #, Drawing #, etc) are available in the Drawing Properties Dialog box. Each of these is reached from the Project Manager.

For more information, search the Help for "Title Block Update".

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost