AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/Edit Wire Type filling in the table column cells

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Tim_L
593 Views, 3 Replies

Create/Edit Wire Type filling in the table column cells

Here is a dumb question.  In the Create/Edit Wire Type table I have set the layer name format to be %C_%S.  As an example I have one layer named BLU_16AWG_MTW (blue wire / 16 gage / machine tool wire).  Functionally everything works fine but why do the columns Wire Color and Size remain blank.  The help file says I can fill in multiple cells at one time but when I select all the blue labeled Wire Color cells and use Color to select Blue, the layer properties change to the selection but the cells in the column Wire Color remain blank.  Do I have to fill this in manually?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Tim_L

Hi Tim.

Yes, "unfortunately", you have to fill these columns "manually". Actually, the Layer Name Format is meant to be used the other way around. Type your values into the Wire Color and Size columns, and the layer name will be created for you, using the "formula" in the Layer Name Format text box.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
Tim_L
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for the post.  I went down the path I did because I was importing wire types from another drawing.  I did not see an option to import the Wire Color or Size columns only the Layer Name was imported.  Can those two layers be imported into a new drawing?

Thank again

Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: Tim_L

Seems like you have to do some custom programming to copy these settings between drawings.

I see now, that the "import Wire Types" function copies everything BUT Wire color/size 🙂 (Strange? Yes.)

All these settings are stored in the layers' xrecords. I've created some VBA-code earlier, to change these settings; http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/supressing-wire-numbers/m-p/3156074/highlight/true#...

If you're a VBA-programmer, you can use this as a template to get/set the others settings/columns you want.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost