AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy or Edit Panel Footprint Tag

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jamorrison
523 Views, 5 Replies

Copy or Edit Panel Footprint Tag

I have a problem when I Edit or Copy a panel Footprint. I can change any information that I want, except the Component Tag. If I change it at all, then AutoCAD freezes.  When I try to exit the dialog box, it says (not responding) and I have to close the program and lose the session.  This happens when I use the copy footprint command, also.  It will let me see the schematic list, choose a component tag, then when I select one, AutoCAD locks up again.

I can use the schematic to panel utility and get components in, and it works.

If I copy the footprint and do not touch the tag, and select ok, it will work, and I can manually change the tag, then it works, sorta.

I had this trouble with AutoCAD Electrical 2012, and I tried re-installing the software.  I thought it would go away in 2013, but I just upgraded and it's the same.

Everyone else in my group is using the same setup I am, and the same wd.env, etc.  They are able to get these commands to work fine.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: jamorrison

If this hasn't been resolved since you posted  can you follow these steps (where upper case are commands to type at the command line) which may help to diagnose the issue -

1. LOGFILEON

2. AEONLISPDEBUG

3. Run the report and save to Excel

4. AEOFFLISPDEBUG

5. LOGFILENAME (Make note of name and folder)

6. LOGFILEOFF

Post the file from step #5.

If you can also post a drawing (as long as nothing proprietary on it) that would be great .

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
jamorrison
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

On step 3...

What report?

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Sorry about that. I copied and pasted those steps from another post and forgot to edit step #3. On step 3 do whatever steps that produce the issue. And if the issue is a crash do the steps in the order shown below so you can see the log file name before the crash so you can retrieve it. 

1. LOGFILEON

2. AEONLISPDEBUG

3. LOGFILENAME (Make note of name and folder)

4. Do the steps that cause the issue

5. AEOFFLISPDEBUG

6. LOGFILEOFF

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
jamorrison
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Here you go.

~Janet M

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

Janet M,

thanks for the log file and drawing. I can see by the log file where it is failing but not why. And I wasn't able to reproduce it at my end. I would like to see the whole project if possible. It is failing where it is trying to determine if the new Tag value is unique or a duplicate. So I am wondering if something somewhere else in the project is somehow the cause. If you want you can send it to me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com.

Can you include the exact steps to reproduce it, i.e. which command, what you pick on any dialogs, etc. The more detail the better.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost