AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design Failes - Error Repairing WDP file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drathak
496 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Design Failes - Error Repairing WDP file

I'm trying to make a copy of my design in Vault (ACADE & Vault Pro 2013) and I am getting this error which ends the process.

Any ideas what is causing this or how I should procede?  This is the first indication I've seen that the WDP file needs repairing.  Or is it telling me it can't repair the new copy?  (Version 2)  If so, what exactly is this telling me?  (See attached image.)

Thanks.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: drathak

Not sure how well Vault Copy Design works with Electrical projects.  There is a Copy Design built into AcadE, however, which works very nicely.... and from there you can check the project into the Vault.  Give that a shot?

Message 3 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: cbenner

The WDP file extension is used by several different programs and vault may be looking for one of those due to the file extension default on the system Vault is installed on.

Here is something to get the IT department to try - On the system where vault is installed, set the default program for the WDP file extension to notepad. This will then set any WDP file to a simple text designation and may fix the problem.

A quick search brought up this list for the WDP file extension at this site http://filext.com/file-extension/WDP and shows just how often the extension has been used.

Detailed information for file extension WDP:

Primary association: Windows Media
File classification: Graphic
Mime type: image/vnd.ms-photo

Identifying characters Hex: 49 49 BC , ASCII: II.

Other applications associated with file type WDP:

• WINDEV (Project) by PC SOFTWINDEV is an IDE that lets you build strategic projects with total integration, ease-of-use and cutting-edge technology. The identifying characters used for this association are - Hex: 50 43 53 00 14 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 , ASCII: PCS

I've noticed that on some of the systems where I work, that the wdp project file shows up with an image icon while on others it shows as an unknown file icon. My system has it show with a text file icon as I have set it to that.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
jalger

Hi Joe,

Likely the file is Locked in a State.

Check to make sure its not in a "Released" State.

It is possible that the file is damaged, Try checking the file out and see if it has issue on check out.

if it has no issues there then it might be server side (it could need a Re-index, for the file to be "re-located")

If you haven't Already try applying the latest Service packs for the vault and for ACADE.

Let me know,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 5 of 5
rhesusminus

The copy design function for AcadE just isn't stable. I would reccommend to just use the Copy Project function inside AcadE, and check that project into vault.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost