AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting arc/fillet into wire

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1129 Views, 7 Replies

Converting arc/fillet into wire

Hello all,

Is there anyway to convert a arc/fillet into a wire?

I am trying to create a cable that fans off into wires (more like a wire tree). The main cable is a solid wire that will branch off into other wires (these will be different layers that deviate from the main cable wire. The main cable wire is on a layer called "CABLE" where as the wires that branch off will be on different layers such as 18awg - BLU). I used a fillet to connect the wires to the cable. I want to convert that fillet into a wire (currently a line). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron

(Note: Attached is a picture of what my cable looks like)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you could accomplish that with Fan-in/Fan-out.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I've had a hard time trying to master the fan in/out feature.

Message 4 of 8
sonny3g

Moving the desired line to a designated line layer by manually changing the line entity layer might do it.  However, it must be a plain line type and cannot be a polyline or ellipse, in order to use the convert to wire function.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 5 of 8
dougmcalexander

I cover Fan-in/Fan-out on my web site. Click on the Tips/Tricks page.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sonny3g

How do I go about moving the desired line to a designated line layer by manually changing the line entity layer?

I guess the wording is throwing me off a little bit. 

Message 7 of 8
sonny3g

Select the line or entity you want to move to a wire layer, look at the properties, find the field for Layer, select the drop down arrow, scroll to a layer that is a designated wire layer, select it and press enter.  The entity layer property will now be changed to the new layer.

lprp.png

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 8 of 8
dougmcalexander

The _MULTI_WIRE layer gets added by the Fan-in/Fan-out utility.  Any additional lines you add, including fillets or chamfers, can be easily moved to the _MULTI_WIRE layer by using AutoCAD's "Match Properties" command.  Or you can select all line entities with a window and move them to a different layer using AutoCAD Properties, or by selecting the layer from the Layer List on the Home menu tab.  But Match Properties is faster.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost