AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a 3D object to 2D in Electrical 2010?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1212 Views, 6 Replies

Converting a 3D object to 2D in Electrical 2010?

I downloaded a PLC drawing from AllenBradley for use in a Bill of Materials drawing and the file I downloaded, and the only one they have for this PLC, is a 3D model. Is there a way to "flatten" the object so it only exists on one plane?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
metal_pro2
in reply to: Anonymous

I usually explode the AB drawings, erase the extra details then apply this ZeroZ.lsp to Flatten the rest of the things. I got this ZeroZ.lisp somewhere years ago but its very useful. Once I spend time fixing a component this way I add it to my library so I don't have to do it again.

If you do a complicated Panel layout with lots of AB 3D components I find the file size gets to big to be practical so I eliminate the 3D stuff as much as possible.

Message 3 of 7
OP21
in reply to: Anonymous

Try these commands:

Explode your object first then type: Flatten

Or

Type: Flatshot (may not require explode...)

This may help...

Omar

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 4 of 7
bpeakeVVHRY
in reply to: OP21

If I could I would mark this as solved. Exploding and then "Flatten" worked for me.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
OP21
in reply to: bpeakeVVHRY

Thanks!

It seems the "Solution" button is missing....

I flagged the moderator, hopefully this will be fixed soon so you can "accept as solution"...

Glad this helped you!

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 6 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: bpeakeVVHRY

Don't know why you couldn't see the 'Accept Solution' buttion next to the 'Reply' button but I marked OP21's solution as solved for you.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
OP21
in reply to: Icemanau

Its weird as I don't have the button either...

Solution Missing.JPG

Hope this helps!
Omar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost