AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Autocad Electrical to Eplan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JMARSHALL1249
11374 Views, 4 Replies

Converting Autocad Electrical to Eplan

One of my customers has asked for their drawings to be supplied in Eplan format.  Is it possible, and if so, how do I convert a project / drawings to Eplan format???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Gaituuth
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

The answer is NO.

Message 3 of 5

EPlan is database-driven by its own proprietary database structure.  There is no conversion utility available to transfer from the open architecture of AutoCAD Electrical into the proprietary database structure of EPlan.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: JMARSHALL1249

You cannot export to eplan, but eplan can import DWG-files. However, the drawings will be "dumb" like paper drawings.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5

Basically no, but standard layers can be converted to ePLAN layers, however the intelligence will be lost.  This article explains how to convert drawings from DWG/DXF to ePLAN, in the case it is inevitable (For example if a company or department has made the decision to switch tools).  In my opinion it is probably better to just redraw in a other tool.  However, here is the article in case it is relevant.

https://www.bengineer.se/solutions-losningar/dwg-dxf-converting-eplan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost