AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector pin number has trailing zeros after icreation from .xls file.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
danielvanveen
275 Views, 0 Replies

Connector pin number has trailing zeros after icreation from .xls file.

Can someone please help me!!

I've got a coulpe of questions that keep me busy all day and awake at night

Question/ Problem 1:

After a lot of experimenting with connectors and how to import them from a list. There is one thing I can't find a solution for.

When inserting a connector from my .xls file all pin numbetrs and wire numbers have 6 trailing zeros.

I've tried everything I could think of but haven't found the source of my problem. (see attachment: Connector_Fail)

Is there someone out there who know's of this problem and how to fix it?

Question/ problem 2:

Is there a way to incorperate connectors in a plc fixed unit symbol?

The company, I work for, started producing PLC units wich can only be connected by connectors.

They want to show  how to connect the PLC to a terminal strip and the interconnection between the different PLC units.

Also this data has to be reportable. The company want's to be able to generate a report showing wich connector is connected to wich PLC-connector or to wich terminal on a terminal strip. (see attachment 1664420)

I think there must be a way to connect a parametric build connector to the corresponding Connector on the PLC symbol, but this problem is keeping me occupied for far to long to think clearly about this problem.

May be there is a simple solution I'm over looking.

Question 3:

Can you use terminals instead of splice symbols in the 'Insert connector from list' utility?

Related to my previous questions.

If I'm able to fix my first problem...

The intention is to mostly automate the drawing proces of the connector diagrams.

For this purpose the 'Insert from List Utility' is very usefull for creating connector to connector diagrams. But... as stated in my previous questions we not only use male connectors to make a connection to our PLC units, we also (for the most part) connect to regular terminals on a terminal strip.

Is this a possibility, or should I use a differt tool/ Utility for this?

Al help concerning Connectors/ PLCs is most welcome.

If someone is able to answer one of these questions I'm very gratefull.

I'm loosing to much sleep on this, and need some help to get me back on track.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost