AutoCAD Electrical General

Product Support
zalant
Message 11 of 13 (426 Views)

Re: Configuring filename when publishing to pdf...

03-18-2013 01:23 PM in reply to: smbrennan85

Shawn,

Thanks for attaching the screen capture.  I was able to reproduce the behavior you've described, but only when choosing the 'Single-sheet file' option for the PDF/DWF output.  I've mentioned it to Development, so we'll see what their take on it is.  I'll post back here when someone comments on it.

Zac Travis
Mentor
smbrennan85
Message 12 of 13 (399 Views)

03-21-2013 11:36 AM in reply to: zalant

Zac,

I just discovered something that may help find the cause ...

Through the SSM, if I publish to a PDF, the periods are automatically converted to underscores with single sheet file settings.

If I publish to a page setup override that happens to be a PDF printer (in my case, the default DWG to PDF.pc3), it will keep the periods as they are.

Shawn B.

Follow me on Twitter @That85CADGuy.  ||    Connect with me on Linkedin.
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to provide feedback.
To help improve the use of these Forums, please  Accept As Solution and  Give Kudos.

Product Support
zalant
Message 13 of 13 (396 Views)

03-21-2013 11:42 AM in reply to: smbrennan85

In the case where you've got DWGtoPDF.pc3 configured in the page setup, are you getting single-sheet PDFs or multi-page PDFs? (Or have you tried with both and still get the periods, either way?)

Zac Travis

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community