AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenating DD# values on a titleblock

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
testsubject
422 Views, 0 Replies

Concatenating DD# values on a titleblock

I have always wanted to be able to do this so I finally got around to figuring out how to do this using AutoLISP.

It required adding 3 more attributes to my titleblock to hold the DD1, DD2, and DD3 values which I populate using Titleblock Update and WD_TB.

Within the WD_TB, I set the DWG_DESC value equal to my lisp program and it works great!

Now after doing this, I realized that the Drawing Descriptions are now stored in the drawing and I could use them to rebuild a project drawing list from a list of drawings!

I think I will tackle that one next. Of course it would not work for an existing set of drawings until after they were updated so if you lost the project you would still have to rebuilt itfrom scratch.

Hmmm, if you have the DD# values stored as seperate attributes, the drawing could be scanned for this info and a textfile built up from this info... Maybe it would be possible to rebuild the hardest part of a project if you had used 3 seperate attributes on your titleblock.

Something to think about.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost