AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Scoot Question ...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
clyons
309 Views, 5 Replies

Component Scoot Question ...

When I right-click a specific component (to bring up flashlight menu) and select SCOOT, ACADE (2014) prompts for object selection and I have to re-select the component to trigger the SCOOT.  Since I selected SCOOT from the object itself, why does it ask me to select it again?  Not a huge issue but it just wastes time.  Is there a setting or something that can be set that will eliminate the need for the second component selection?  Appreciate any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: clyons

Quick question:

Does this apply to all symbols, or just your custom symbols?

Haven't experienced this problem myself...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
clyons
in reply to: rhesusminus

Seems to be doing the same thing regardless of the component type selected (custom or standard).  If I hover over a component (it shows dotted to indicate selection) and right-click (to bring up flashlight menu) and select SCOOT, I get a command line display of "Select Component, Wire, or Wire Number for SCOOT:" and I have to left-click the component again to begin the SCOOT.  That's not what you see?  What version of ACADE are you using?  If there's a setting somewhere that controls this behavior, I'd like to find out what it is. 

Message 4 of 6
rhesusminus

For as long as I've used AcadE, I haven't had to "re-select" the component.

Have you done anything with the right-click settings in AutoCAD? Turned on time-sensitive right-click or something?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 6
clyons
in reply to: rhesusminus

Ahha!  Great catch!  Yes, I am using the time-sensitive right-click setting (which I liked till now!).  If I turn that OFF, then I don't have to re-select the component.  Wasn't aware using time-sensitive setting would cause that problem.  Interesting ...  Is that a bug or a feature??

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

That falls into the "oh, we didn't think of that"-category I believe 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost