AutoCAD Electrical General

Distinguished Contributor
Tee.Dee
Message 1 of 5 (327 Views)

Component Cross Reference Display

327 Views, 4 Replies
09-04-2012 12:00 AM

Hey all,

I have a project with a bunch of relay coils on 1 drawing and a single contact for each coil on another drawing.

The problem I am having is getting the graphical component cross reference to display next to the coil.

I have tried doing  a "component cross reference" update, deleting the project mdb file, closing and reopening the project and also  a "swap/update block".

There are 2 coils on the drawing that are showing the graphical cross reference and they work fine, they also work if a copy them and rename them to one of the coils that isnt working but I dont want to have to do that for every one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 5 (306 Views)

Re: Component Cross Reference Display

09-04-2012 03:31 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Try editing the contacts that are not showing up. Do a PROJECT search and tie them dierectly to the coil.

That should fix your problem.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Tee.Dee
Message 3 of 5 (302 Views)

09-04-2012 04:14 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Thanks Brad but I forgot to mention i have tried that to, it was actually how I had to link them in the first place but I have tried doing it again and still no luck

Tee.Dee
Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)

09-04-2012 04:50 PM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Just worked out a way to get it working, not ideal but the quickest way I can find that works.

Im using the swap/update block to swap each of the coils for another parent symbol (i chose a pushbutton), then swap the pushbuttons back to a coil symbol and run the cross reference update.

Valued Contributor
JMARSHALL1249
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)

01-23-2013 02:56 AM in reply to: Tee.Dee

Could it be that the Installation / Location of the two sheets have different Default settings, hence they are unable to cross reference.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community