AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Cross Reference Display

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tee.Dee
547 Views, 4 Replies

Component Cross Reference Display

Hey all,

I have a project with a bunch of relay coils on 1 drawing and a single contact for each coil on another drawing.

The problem I am having is getting the graphical component cross reference to display next to the coil.

I have tried doing  a "component cross reference" update, deleting the project mdb file, closing and reopening the project and also  a "swap/update block".

There are 2 coils on the drawing that are showing the graphical cross reference and they work fine, they also work if a copy them and rename them to one of the coils that isnt working but I dont want to have to do that for every one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Try editing the contacts that are not showing up. Do a PROJECT search and tie them dierectly to the coil.

That should fix your problem.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Tee.Dee

Thanks Brad but I forgot to mention i have tried that to, it was actually how I had to link them in the first place but I have tried doing it again and still no luck

Message 4 of 5
Tee.Dee

Just worked out a way to get it working, not ideal but the quickest way I can find that works.

Im using the swap/update block to swap each of the coils for another parent symbol (i chose a pushbutton), then swap the pushbuttons back to a coil symbol and run the cross reference update.

Message 5 of 5
JMARSHALL1249

Could it be that the Installation / Location of the two sheets have different Default settings, hence they are unable to cross reference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost