AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complexed component with Several Instances

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Patrick.Lee
377 Views, 3 Replies

Complexed component with Several Instances

Hi,

I am wondering how to create a complex component (Control module) in Electrical that i can represent in multiple sheets that share the same TAG name and cross reference each other. Similar to a parent child setup but with all the symbols being parents ?

Any help would be appreciated !!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Patrick.Lee

Hi there,

check out this site www.ecadconsutant.com where Doug Mcalexander explains in one of his videos how to represent the same device...using the wdtagalt attribute.

Good luck! Gary

Message 3 of 4
Patrick.Lee

Hi,

Thanks that is a good website !! What it was is our company uses several instances of the same components and I wanted a way of cross referencing them with a cordinate system as thats what they currently use. I managed to figure out that you can force generic components to share the same TAG name. After this i went into page properties and set up an X-Y grid and to make it visible in the active border i had to type in 'AEXYGRID' and tick box to make the grid lables visible. So now i have multiple components between mutliple sheets that are cross referenced !!

Thanks !!

Message 4 of 4
CAD-ICE

Glad I could help you into the right direction Smiley Happy

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost