AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility AutoCAD Electrical with Schneider UnityPro v7.0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
655 Views, 2 Replies

Compatibility AutoCAD Electrical with Schneider UnityPro v7.0

Is AutoCAD Electrical compatible with Schneider Electric's UnityPro v7.0, for importing and drawing PLCs?
Also, is it compatible with CAD Worx?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Eric,

Not sure about CAD worx (for Solidworks).

However I do Know that the "RSLogix 500" tool will take any csv description file and convert it to an Excel Sheet that works in the PLC I/O utility.

Keep in mind you will need to play with the Descriptions File (wdf) to pull out the Required Information. (it places components in locations based on the ability to "read" what it is. 

Basically the wdf takes text (your descriptions) and does a comparison when it finds a match it links the Components to the text description. 

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 3 of 3
jared.bunch
in reply to: Anonymous

*edited to include the hyperlink that I initially left out*

Hi Eric

AutoCAD Electrical does have a feature to import and export information for the Unity Pro product.  I've included a link to the online help documentation to provide further information.  I hope that this is helpful!

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2014/ENU/filesAcadE_UsersGuide/GUID-6F99CB66-9895-4B28-9F1A-79673F90...

Jared Bunch
Principal Experience Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost