AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Wire Numbering

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jbunch55
701 Views, 6 Replies

Company Wire Numbering

Hey All,

I can't seem to setup AutoCAD Electrical 2013 to number wires and components to my company's standards.

I guess the way we do it is a little unique. I like the idea of automatic wire numbering but it would be great if we didn't have to change our standards to do it. Can anyone come up with a way to setup the "Wire Number Format" and "Line Reference Numbers" to follow theses company standards?

This might look confusing but I'll attach a image to hopefully clear it up.

• We make our line reference numbers  the sheet number with 000 and increment by 10 for each rung ( The first three rungs on sheet two would be 2000, 2010,2020…).
  • Our components are set up like %F%S%N and always end with a zero (i.e FU2010, PB2010, CB2010...) unless there are two components with the same Family prefix on the same line, then the they increment by one (ie. PB2010, PB2011, PB2012...).
  • The wire numbers never end with a zero and the wire number increment with respect to the Line Reference number.  -Ex.So on first rung of sheet two the wire numbers would be  2001,2002, 2003 and rung 3 would be 2031,2032, 2033. (It needs to be something like %S%N but the %N needs to increment.)

ACADE seems to only add prefixes to the the end of  Line reference numbers. Is there anyway to increment the wire number?

I've put quite a bit of effort into it without too much success.

If you could send me a step by step or pictures of how to set up the wiring that would be great.

Thanks,

James Bunch,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: jbunch55

Look in the drawing/project properties under the wire numbers tab.  Can also be accessed in Options.  Look to the right and select Suffix Setup.  You have several options here and can determine what number to start the sequential incrementing.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 7
jbunch55
in reply to: sonny3g

Scott,

I've fiddled with those suffix settings, but what I need is to be able to increment the reference.

So where they show "Standard defaults (examples for reference "100").

I want to be  able to do is increment that "100". Ex. 101, 102, 103.

The "Sequential" feature just counts up from a chosen number, and doesn't use the line reference numbers.

Thanks for help,

James

Message 4 of 7
sonny3g

It will use the reference number if your field includes %N as well as the %X.  ie %S%N%X would equal sheet number, line number and what ever you decide for a suffix (a number or an letter) that will increment.

There are several places where you can set these values and you should spend a little time looking them up in the help to where you need to go to get the results you are looking for.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
Message 5 of 7
jbunch55
in reply to: sonny3g

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but when I do what you suggest it just adds an addition number or letter to the end of the line reference number, instead of incrementing it.

So when I use it on the schematic that I attached on my original post the wire numbers are 30001, 30002, 30003

When I want them to be 3001, 3002, 3003.

James

Message 6 of 7
sonny3g

That is correct.  I am trying to think if there is a place where you can define the base numbering you want to use and then let it add the suffix as an incremental number.  Not sure if that will work or not.  We use 5 digit numbers (%S and %N) then we let the suffix increment the number by adding the %X.  Final number is 6 digits, but it is based on the line reference and provides us with unique numbers.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
Message 7 of 7
s.wile

I started typing and saving pictures.... Finally I just pushed it to a blog post. I didn't expect to get this involved. The first few things I tried didn’t work or had other side effects. I think this should work for you.

http://myacade.blogspot.com/2013/01/company-wire-numbering-advancing-wire.html

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost