AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

smokinjo68
Message 1 of 2 (218 Views)

Click on file open icon and nothing happens

218 Views, 1 Replies
07-28-2011 10:52 AM

Hey yall.  This one is weird. I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2008 and when I click on the Open File icon seems to hang up and it never goes any further.  The command shows up on the command line but nothing happens. When I hit escape and it goes back to an empty command prompt.  Is this an issue with re-installing CAD or is this something different?  Help !!!

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)

Re: Click on file open icon and nothing happens

07-28-2011 06:43 PM in reply to: smokinjo68

It sounds like the dialog box is either not coming up at all or is actually off screen.

Type FILEDIA at the command prompt, and make sure it is set to '1'. Try the open button again.

If that does not work, you need to move the dialog box to on screen.... I can't recall how to do that but it has been talked about on the forum before...

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community