AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit Builder, c:ace_cb_nested, LISP variable for XYZ cooridnates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkeil
566 Views, 3 Replies

Circuit Builder, c:ace_cb_nested, LISP variable for XYZ cooridnates

I am using Circuit Builder to insert circuits using the c:ace_cb_nested API call.

(c:ace_cb_nested fnam xyz options_lst)

I know that by using a (list 25 35 0) syntax, c:ace_cb_nested recognizes the coordinates 25,35,0 and places the circuit properly.

But I can't find the proper syntax to use a LISP variable in Circuit Builder.

The closest I've come is this:

(C:ACE_CB_NESTED "I:/DEV0/TEST/TEST1/1234/OLD/OLD.DWG" (list (car coNextNode)(cadr coNextNode)(caddr coNextNode)) #data ) 

This works if I manually enter it in the command line. But it won't work by running the same code through Circuit Builder.

Does anyone know the proper syntax to make the c:ace_cb_nested API call allow the input of a coordinate through a LISP variable and executing it in Circuit Builder?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: mkeil

I tihnk the issue here is that variables defined in one program are not known by other programs. So Circuit Builder can't "see" variables defined outside of Circuit Builder. There are calls to make variables visible but so far I am not having success in getting it to work in the ace_cb_nested API call within Circuit Builder.

I am still trying various methods and will let you know if I find one that is successful.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
mkeil

Thanks Pat. I appreciate the help. You've been a big help to us in the past.

Message 4 of 4
PatMurnen_Adsk

So far I have not found any method that allows passing a variable set outside of Circuit Builde to this API. I feel like I am missing something obvious so maybe someone else will see this post and provide their solution.

I will log  a wishlist item that it would be nice to have a way to put a variable in here.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost