AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit Builder and LISP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DaisySunday
1020 Views, 3 Replies

Circuit Builder and LISP

I have had AutoCAD Electrical 2013 now for about 3 months and have been working heavily in customizing the circuit builder for my department. I may be missing something very obvious, but is there a way to call a lisp routine inside of circuit builder? I have a few that are loading in my acaddoc, and I was under the impression that using the c:ace_cb_eval in circuit builder would allow me to call these in, but no matter how I try I haven't managed to make one work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Daisy

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Daisy,

your understanding is right. The c:ace_cb_eval allows you to call Lisp within Circuit Builder. If you want to upload your lisp file and Circuit Builder spreadsheet I can take a look at it. Please include details as far as what the Lisp file should do, what circuit to build to try it, and any library symbols that are needed to generate the circuit. If any of the information is proprietary you can email it directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

Pat-

I really appreciate that, but I did find a work around last week for that little bit of LISP, I just ended up making another set of templates and re-ordering things to make my lines connect the way I wanted. I realized a lot of my problem had to do with the way I was ordering things. Thank you again for taking time to answer me and offering to look at it!

Daisy

Message 4 of 4

Daisy,

glad you worked it out. Yes, order can be very important in Circuit Builder. If you do try some lisp functions in the future, the most common issue is the misuse of single and double quotes. It can take some trial and error to get it all right. Also, you need to make sure the .lsp files load automatically. Circuit Builder does not load them. So I always suggest adding them to the Startup using the APPLOAD command.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost