AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit Builder Question about terminal placement

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
testsubject
352 Views, 2 Replies

Circuit Builder Question about terminal placement

To all,

I am just dipping my foot into the Circuit Builder pool and I can see the utility of it and am excited about trying to impliment it.

I have a question about terminal placement. I see how I can tell CB where to place a symbol by replacing #xyz with a coordinate but what I want to do is place a terminal at the junction of the inserted wire and the wire it terminates on via c:ace_cb_stretch_wire_connect. How do I get the coords where this occurs?

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Bob,

the placement is controlled by the marker blocks on the circuit template. So when you make a choice on the dialog that corresponds to that marker block then the component is placed at the location of the marker block on the template.

If you always want a terminal at the location and it is the same type of terminal you can put it on the template. Otherwise you need a marker block on the circuit template that controls the options on the circuit dialog and the placement of the component that is selected.

On our blog I did some articles and videos on Circuit Builder that gives an overview of how it works and the basics on customizing. It might be a good place to start.

http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/ will take you to the home page of the blog and then you can look for Circuit Builder articles.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

I see that now. I think I will be placing the terminal in the circuit since it will go in the same place after the circuit is inserted each time.

Thanks for the info.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost