AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Project Wide Source/Destination Arrow Style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
597 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Project Wide Source/Destination Arrow Style

Hello everyone,

At the company I work for, we created a drawing package about 6 months ago that worked well. For this particular company, they want to duplicate the machine and add modifications it. We are using the older drawing package for the starting point. Since the drawings have already been established and project is set up, we want to change the source/destination arrow style from option 2 to option 3. How do we do such a thing once the project and drawings have been estalished? This will need to be a project wide update.

Thank You!

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: Anonymous

use swap update block command

Schematic tab>edit components >swap /update block

there is an option to swap one block for a differnt block

you need to do this project wide 8 times as there is 8 different varients for each arrow style

Message 3 of 4
drathak
in reply to: ccad2509

It'd be nice if the Update Signals command had an option for that. 

Not something you would need often, but would be very handy when you did.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: drathak

Good idea Joe!  It is similar to how we can change the Cross-reference style, then run a project-wide cross-reference update and change the style of the cross-references that already exist. I really like how Electrical allows us to switch back and forth between cross-reference styles, rather than having to create unique cross-reference symbols for each device-type., according to how we want them to look. And if we change our mind later, we have to create ne or redefine each cross-reference symbol.  I always hated that about the competitors.

But of course, the swap block project-wide utility can handle it in two steps, once for sources and once for destinations.  But using the same concept as switching cross-reference styles would be nice.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost