AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Line Reference Numbers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dstrood
1492 Views, 1 Reply

Changing Line Reference Numbers

We have a customer requesting that the symbol used for line references be changed from just sheet and numbers to sheet and numbers in a hexagon.

We have several sheets that need to be changed. I have trired the following:

1) Project > Properties > Drawing Format > Format Referencing Setup > Sheet and numbers in hexagon.

2) Applied project settings to all drawings.

3) Project-wide 'Swap Block' of the 1st line number block (WD_MLRH6) with the hexagon block (WD_MLRH9).

4) Ran the Re-number Ladder Reference command > 1st drawing, 1st ladder, 1st line reference number (set to 00); 2nd drawing and beyond = Skip, drawing to drawing count (set to 00). (Ran this command project-wide.)

Once the Re-number Ladder Reference command was complete, the line numbers were updated with the sheet number above the line number but the hexagon surrounding the sheet & line number was missing from the updated line numbers. (See attachment.)

How should I have changed sheet and numbers to sheet and numbers in a hexagon across my project?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
testsubject
in reply to: dstrood

Unfortunately, the ladder rung numbers (except for the first rung), are simple DTExt with a hex block drawn around it.

If your ladder spacing is uniform across all the drawings, you could insert a new ladder with the new rung number format and then copy the hex only to clipboard with an insert of 0,0 and then do a simple macro to paste at 0,0 for each drawing. Then write a script to run the macro and then using the project wide utilities, run the script for all the drawings.

This is kind of brute force but goes pretty quickly.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost