AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location default_cat.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Brusche
1059 Views, 4 Replies

Change location default_cat.

Hello,

I want to change de location of default_cat in AutoCAD Electrical 12 of a PC.

Can anybody help me?

We have 2 PC's. The location of the default_cat of on one PC 1 is in a network Y:.... the location of the default_cat of the order PC 2 is local C:.... I want to change the location of PC 2. PC 2 should look in Y:....

Where in AutoCAD can I change this?

I'm waiting,

Greetings,

M. Abbink.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Brusche

You'd probably have better luck posting your question on one of the AutoCAD boards.  This discussion group is for Inventor, and although many people here also use AutoCAD, I think you'll get better results at one of the AutoCAD groups - in this case, it would probably be best to use the specific one for AutoCAD Electrical.

Message 3 of 5
ampster401

Message 4 of 5
Nata_ly

Ok. So the .mdb file is a single file that is named <project>_cat.mdb or default_cat.mdb. If the project-specific.mdb file is used, it must be in the same subdirectory as the <project>.wdp file is located. Here is the AutoCAD Electrical search sequence:

• First choice -- <project>_cat.mdb (in project's subdirectory of the project)
  • Second choice -- default_cat.mdb (in subdirectory of the project)
  • Third choice -- default_cat.mdb (in user subdirectory)
  • Fourth choice -- default_cat.mdb (in subdirectory of the catalog)

You need to delete (or rename) all this files. Open Options in ACE and choose tab Files. Add there your path to the default_cat.mdb from disc Y.

But there is an easier way. Just place default_cat.mdb to disc Y and set this catalog as second catalog in progect settings. So you'll use standart catalog + your catalog at the same time.

And there is a perfect article about wd.env file where there is a line:

* Catalog Parts Database Path
************************************************************************************
WD_CAT,%WD_DIR%/catalogs/,AE catalog file path
     This is the location of  the following databases. These should be shared between all users.

I took it from this very useful blog: http://myacade.blogspot.com/2013/02/breaking-wdenv-file-down-line-by-line.html#more

Please pay attention to it.

Message 5 of 5
Nata_ly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost