AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog error: too few arguments

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
657 Views, 5 Replies

Catalog error: too few arguments

I've been completely lost with regard to adding and referencing catalogs.

I was trying to add a secondary catalog lookup file (project properties->catalog lookup file preferences->other file->optional) and after changing back and fourth between a few different ones, I've went back to the default_cat.mdb file. 

Now when I edit a terminal block, go to Lookup, it throws the following "error: too few arguments"

Can anyone advise the situation?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is what I have from the debugger.....looks like it is saying that the file it is referencing does not exist.

wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_XCAT=w:/companydirectory/acesharedlibraries/catalogs/
IN:wd_xcat_doxcatcall

wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_XCAT=w:/companydirectory/acesharedlibraries/catalogs/

IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (w:/companydirectory/acesharedlibraries/catalogs/)
IN:wd_fio_chk_exist_usr_prj=w:/companydirectory/acesharedlibraries/catalogs/

wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_ACADPATHFIRST=nil
OUT:wd_fio_chk_exist_usr_prj

wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_ACADPATHFIRST=nil
OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=nil; error: too few arguments

Message 3 of 6
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,  

Sorry for the issue you encounter in AutoCAD Electrical, would you please help to give more information for this issue? then we can look into it.

1. Which ACE version are you using? ACE2014 English?

2. Which OS are you using? Win7 64?

3. I see your error message, seems you are using a shared database in the network, and map the network path to local driver W. Do you install the ACE from DVD, or you install the ACE from a deployment image?

4. What is the exactly steps to reproduce the issue, please give a video if possible.

5. You say when you insert the Terminal and Lookup, it will be problem. How about other symbols? Can you try to insert a Push Button or Control Raley, then Lookup, see if it has the same problem?

6. Can you try to use another project, such as the ACE default projects, which never change project properties to use the 2nd database, to check if the primary default_cat.mdb works well for that project?  

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay. Thought I had this fixed but turns out I dont.

1. ACE 2014 English

2. Win 7 64

3. I believe it was from DVD (I didnt install it)

4. I dont know how to make you a video. The steps are:

Insert Component-> Terminal Block -> Catalog Lookup-> (Prompt Screen closes) -> Error: too few arguments

5. It does this for any symbol. However, if I go to Multiple Catalog->Catalog Lookup, then I get a default catalog with AB MFR items

6.  The default projects also have the same issue.

I want to say there is something wrong with the default_cat file, but I dont know...

Message 5 of 6
RobinShou-Autodesk

Hello,   

Thanks for the information, I don't think the default_cat.mdb get some problem, seems the ACE itself is problem.

But any way, you can try to copy the original default_cat.mdb which should be no problem from the following folder, and over write the default_cat.mdb file.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Acade\UserDataCache\My Documents\Acade 2014\AeData\en-US\catalogs

If it is still problem, then you can only reinstall your ACE2014, or even uninstall ACE2014 and reinstall again.

Do you have any other colleges have the same problem? if they are using the same database in the network, but no problem, then you need to reinstall the ACE.

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Figured it out...

Went to project settings and found that the Alternate catalog mdf file was not (blank) and not referencing the proper file. After going through and changing the wd.env field paths to add in all the extra catalog and library references it finally does as I need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost