AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Number automatically resets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
priva2
226 Views, 3 Replies

Catalog Number automatically resets

When I go to change a catalog number of a relay coil for example I can go into the database, navigate to my desired part number, select it.  When I click on OK it resets it to what was there before.  In this case nothing becuase I inserted a saved circuit.  We just had a new catalog database made and changed our drawing templates and I am wondering if anythign in the setup may have cause this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
priva2
in reply to: priva2

I am playing around with it some more and it appears our new CAD setup does not like copying and pasting circuits with the copy command.  Either we need to use the copy circuit function or we have do a drawing retag/update.  Our new CAD setup must have some issues with how we used to do designs. 

Is there anyway around this as copying circuits is much faster for us rather than retaggin or copying circuits?  

Message 3 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: priva2

Just using ACAD's Copy function is not enough because of everything going on in the background of ACE. You can copy a circuit using "Copy" but you will need to retag everything. Using the "Copy Circuit" gets around this.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
priva2
in reply to: testsubject

I see now that is an option for us, either that or use the copy circuit command.  I guess the way we had CAD Electrical setup before this did not matter.  Hopefully the time saving elements built into aour new CAD setup will outweigh this and some of the other slow downs we have encountered.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost