AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
dbrblg
Message 11 of 13 (147 Views)

Re: Catalog Filtering Bug?

01-24-2013 03:25 AM in reply to: dbrblg

If RATING in PW = TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF is correct, how do I filter by TYPE?

The trouble with this is when I want to filter by single or three phase devices.  If RATING = TYPE then removing TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF (to remove the filter in the lookup) has no effect and for some reason still filters by the 5A device. 

On the other hand, if I add the RATING to the TYPE column I still have the same thing.  

This is really confusing and AutoCAD really need to rethink the catalogs in future releases to make this (and other related things) much easier to setup and more adaptive!!

Mentor
Nata_ly
Message 12 of 13 (140 Views)

01-24-2013 04:57 AM in reply to: dbrblg

I agree with you: many things in ACE are impossible or difficult to adjust to the user.
Perhaps the following will help you. When you do lookup, select the field where you have a filter on the RATING, and tape there *. This is a manual option but now I can not offer anything better and faster.

But it just came to my mind and it could be useful (I mean it works in m ACE). Try to make this two steps:

1. In PW in USER1 set "1" (for example) for single or three phase devices (so you can have 1 AND 3 phase at the same time)

2. In _LISTBOX_DEF :

- USER1 set "1

- TYPE set *

Mentor
Nata_ly
Message 13 of 13 (121 Views)

01-25-2013 05:10 AM in reply to: dbrblg

Note from HELP (F1): "Manufacturer is the second field, type is the fourth field, and style is the fifth field in a catalog table regardless of the actual column labels."

I think that's why RATING in PW = TYPE in _LISTBOX_DEF.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community