AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Database

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RDoolittle
402 Views, 4 Replies

Catalog Database

I am wondering if someone has a database completed with part #'s and such as the little snippet that comes with the package.
I personally feel that it would be worth a fee each quarter/year for updates to keep up with the vendor PN changes.
I am currently inputting all of my own as most of you have already done, it is just a huge front load to get it up to speed.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RDoolittle

Thanks for the input. We know that content is important and we are working on improvements for a future release. Which manufacturers are most important to you? Thanks, Scott Reeese Product Manager AutoCAD Electrical ------------------------ "RDoolittle" wrote in message news:9975046.1080155636754.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I am wondering if someone has a database completed with part #'s and such as the little snippet that comes with the package. > I personally feel that it would be worth a fee each quarter/year for updates to keep up with the vendor PN changes. > I am currently inputting all of my own as most of you have already done, it is just a huge front load to get it up to speed.
Message 3 of 5
MartinLee

For my company, SQ D/Telemecanique, Hoffman, Modicon, Phoenix, Potter and Brumfield, Bussman, Indramat, Sanyo-Denki, Yaskawa (Magnetek), Banner, Turck, Beckhoff.

Now, building a comprehesive list of all MFGs and part numbers for the "out of the box" catalog would be a huge task. bacause all of us do the same thing differently. But if all of us who have already built a sizable database were willing to share, perhaps someone at Autodesk could combine all of the information into the database the comes with AcadE. And isn't that what this forum is all about, sharing??? Just a thought. . .
Message 4 of 5
RDoolittle

I currently only need AB/Siemens and SQD for panel components but Martin seemed to hit it.
This is a huge undertaking but I would guess that most vendors know that we use ACAD for most of the electrical drawings that are out there and would want there product represented.
If the vendor part numbers didn't change so much and if they could send us a .csv type of file, we could write a little utility to put this all in.

If any of you would like to share what you have, I would do the same as I add to mine.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You are both right, providing comprehensive catalog content is a huge task but having this data available is very valuable to AutoCAD Electrical customers so we are committed to improving it. I think you will be pleased with the direction we are heading regarding content. You can share files with one another as part of this newsgroup. Thanks again for the input. Scott --------------------- "MartinLee" wrote in message news:1287249.1080218236138.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > For my company, SQ D/Telemecanique, Hoffman, Modicon, Phoenix, Potter and Brumfield, Bussman, Indramat, Sanyo-Denki, Yaskawa (Magnetek), Banner, Turck, Beckhoff. > > Now, building a comprehesive list of all MFGs and part numbers for the "out of the box" catalog would be a huge task. bacause all of us do the same thing differently. But if all of us who have already built a sizable database were willing to share, perhaps someone at Autodesk could combine all of the information into the database the comes with AcadE. And isn't that what this forum is all about, sharing??? Just a thought. . .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost