AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Database Replication

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
211 Views, 5 Replies

Catalog Database Replication

I thought I was going to be really cool and tricky and use Access Database Replication to try and sync several different users catalog changes. Unfortunately, once I created a child replica, trying to edit a record from within ACADE causes a lockup. Any thoughts? -- John Pullen Doerfer Engineering
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I suppose I should have been a bit more descriptive. I can share a catalog on a server just fine. However, we travel with our computers and I'd like to make the catalog available when not connected to our server. Hence the desire for replication. John Pullen ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacques Benoit" To: Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 7:26 AM Subject: Re: Catalog Database Replication > I have multiple machines sharing the database on the our file server. > "John Pullen" wrote in message news:403fafb0_3@newsprd01... > I thought I was going to be really cool and tricky and use Access Database > Replication to try and sync several different users catalog changes. > > Unfortunately, once I created a child replica, trying to edit a record from > within ACADE causes a lockup. > > Any thoughts? > > -- > > John Pullen > Doerfer Engineering > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

John, I am totally unfamiliar with this concept. Is this child replica an "mdb" file also? If so, there must be something different or odd about it that AcadE is choking on. Can you zip and email a copy? Nate. "John Pullen" wrote in message news:403fafb0_3@newsprd01... > I thought I was going to be really cool and tricky and use Access Database > Replication to try and sync several different users catalog changes. > > Unfortunately, once I created a child replica, trying to edit a record from > within ACADE causes a lockup. > > Any thoughts? > > -- > > John Pullen > Doerfer Engineering > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I sure can. I'll send the file direct. This is a detailed article about replication: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k/html/dbrepjet.asp John "Nate Holt (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40437369$1_3@newsprd01... > John, > I am totally unfamiliar with this concept. Is this child replica an "mdb" > file also? If so, there must be something different or odd about it that > AcadE is choking on. Can you zip and email a copy? > Nate. > > "John Pullen" wrote in message > news:403fafb0_3@newsprd01... > > I thought I was going to be really cool and tricky and use Access Database > > Replication to try and sync several different users catalog changes. > > > > Unfortunately, once I created a child replica, trying to edit a record > from > > within ACADE causes a lockup. > > > > Any thoughts? > > > > -- > > > > John Pullen > > Doerfer Engineering > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

John, I checked out your file and it seemed to come up okay in AcadE 2004 on my machine. I could do catalog lookup and such without a problem. But when I opened the file with MS Access 2002, it gave me this alert msg "...missing or broken reference to file dao2535.tlb v3.5". But the file came up and displayed okay. Not sure what might be amiss... but your file seems to work okay. This is outside of my area of experience/expertise. Nate.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Nate, Catalog lookup works fine, it's when I choose Edit from the catalog lookup that there's an issue. And it seems to behave differently when I'm editing a component that already has a catalog item attached than when I'm adding a new component. For editing, I get this message: error: bad argument type: fixnump: "" When adding, it brings up a blank edit screen and just hangs. Don't know why the dao message... There isn't any VBA code in there at all. (Although I am currently running Access 2003 but the file format is supposed to be the same.) John "Nate Holt (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4044250f_3@newsprd01... > John, > > I checked out your file and it seemed to come up okay in AcadE 2004 on my > machine. I could do catalog lookup and such without a problem. But when I > opened the file with MS Access 2002, it gave me this alert msg "...missing > or broken reference to file dao2535.tlb v3.5". But the file came up and > displayed okay. Not sure what might be amiss... but your file seems to work > okay. This is outside of my area of experience/expertise. > > Nate. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost