AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Data Problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Tee.Dee
307 Views, 6 Replies

Catalog Data Problem

Having an issue where if I assign catalog data to a component and later remove it it still remains when using the Surf command (see attachment).

By clicking the Refresh button the web info disappears but then re-appears the next time you run the Surf command.

I have tried Rebuild/Refreshen Database, Component Update From Catalog and deleting the project.mdb with no success.

Untitled2.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
drathak
in reply to: Tee.Dee

@Tee.Dee wrote:

Having an issue where if I assign catalog data to a component and later remove it it still remains when using the Surf command (see attachment).

A few questions.  When you say "later remove it" are you referring to the catalog data assigned to the component or the component itself?  And how are you doing the removal?  (What commands?)  Are you removing the parent or child symbols?

The catalog data has no real affect on surfing.  That is goverened more by the TAG.  (Or INST+LOC+TAG)  Catalog information is also normally only carried on the parent symbol.  Not sure what happens if your child symbols have the MFR & CAT attributes.

If you are deleting the symbol, and not using AEERASECOMP (typed or menu) then you could be introducing errors.  Using that should remove all parts of the symbol.  (Or at least give you the chance to.)

Re-reading what you wrote, it seems that you are having an issue with the weblink information. That is stored in the catalog database and is getting refreshed, just like you asked for it to.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 7
Tee.Dee
in reply to: drathak

Hi Joe,

I am removing the catalog data from the parent symbol by removing data from the fields in the "Insert/Edit Component" dialog box.

I could just replace the individual components but that becomes a problem when there are many of them.

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau

As a quick check, Remove the CAT and MFG data from a parent, then after exiting the dialog box, double click on the block to bring up the Enhanced Attribute Editor.

Are the CAT & MFG fields empty? If yes, then the data is being removed.

Do a surf and then check the block again with the Editor. Is the data still gone or has it been added again.

Now remove the data from a different block and make sure it is gone with the editor.

Do a Project Rebuild and then do a surf.

Check to see if the data has come back or not.

It could just be that the data removal is not being written to the project scratch databse.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Tee.Dee
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad,

I had done all of that previously but did it again anyway and still no joy.

It all seems a bit buggy, if I click any of the buttons in the Surf dialog with the web row highlighted it will open a web page to that link.

Another thing that is happening is that the symbol, in this case a relay coil, is retaining the pin list data from the catalog data and therefore showing an incorrect graphical x-ref.

I tried a different project and the same thing happens.

Message 6 of 7
Icemanau

Quick question, what version of ACADE are you using?

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Tee.Dee
in reply to: Icemanau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost