AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove Jumper

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JeffAcadE
929 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot remove Jumper

Hi,

I have this problem with a project where I cannot remove a jumper in the terminal Strip editor.
I accidentally skipped a terminal, so I tried to re-enter the Jumper, What I did was, deleted the previous one, and did it all over again. then I rebuild it.
All went wel, untill I re-opened the Terminal Strip Editor, I suddenly have 2 Jumpers.
I can try all I want, but I just can not remove the previous one.
Starting from scratch is not an option in this case.
(crazy Idea, Could it be that when making a terminal, it stores the data somewhere, and it somehow changes to Read Only? My PC does that sometimes)
Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: JeffAcadE

The information about jumpers are stored in an xrecord on the terminals itself. You are not able to manipulate these without doing some programming.

If you run a AELISTXDATA on the terminals, you'll se that terminals with jumpers have this "XRECORD hdl=XXX"

The terminals with the duplicate jumpers... Do they have two xrecords?

If not... Will an AEREBUILDDB fix the problem?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
JeffAcadE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks for your answer.
They actually had two records at that time, yes, but the jumper wasn't the only problem, I couldn't change anything within the project. But when I closed autocad completely, and reopened the project again, I was again able to change everything again.
What I forgot to mention was, before changing the terminal strip, I changed the footprint of one terminal, I think something went wrong there, and messed up the data on the terminals. A DB rebuild would have worked also i think.
At least we solved it 🙂 Thanks
Message 4 of 6
spriggsj-sp

I have a recurring problem working on drawings for control systems requiring an upgrade. This frequently requires removal of jumpers on terminl blocks, moving things around and re-inserting jumpers. I have no problems with drawings I have produced myself but I frequently work on drawings produced by others, some no longer working here. (So the complete drawing history is usually unknown.) When I try to edit (remove) a jumper strip, I get the "red circles of death" (see attached).

CirclesOfDeath.JPG

Quitting AutoCAD, deleting the local database and re-starting doesn't fix this.

If I hit the <Delete> button then I get this:

OnAnotherStrip.JPG

Now I understand the error message but it is false. NONE of my terminals are on another strip. The only fix I have found is to delete every terminal in the strip and re-insert them from scratch. This turns a job of a few minutes into a task taking hours, sometimes days. I must have wasted man-months over this in the last couple of years. Why is deleting a jumper forbidden and is there a cure? Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 6
paterianus
in reply to: spriggsj-sp

You'll be trilled to know this has not been fixed in AECAD 2015.

Message 6 of 6
hn7410

Hello Internets,

While this is a bit old, I was having similar issues in ACE14. By similar, I mean the exact same problem. Running AELISTXDATA did show that there were two different files for the jumpers, but they refused to be removed on the panel layout/terminal strip editor.

However, after some tinkering and trying things out, I found a solution.

I added in a second, new jumper in the terminal strip editor, making sure it did connect everything I wanted. I then exited the terminal strip editor, and proceeded to delete all the incorrect terminals on the panel layout.

When selecting "edit terminal strip" again, and after the qsave, the incorrect jumpers were gone, and the correct ones were present. A slight problem existed in that some of the terminals were no longer in the correct spot, but moving them was easy enough.

I can only assume this worked because my schematic terminals were properly referencing the new jumper I added in, and not the old jumpers, so when it came time to re-edit the terminal strip, the system treated them as new terminals.

Hope that helps someone else. Re-assigning myriad terminals project wide is not exactly a fun day at the office.

~H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost