AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get Wire Continuity Thru a Pair of Connectors - Acad-e 2010

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
307 Views, 0 Replies

Cannot Get Wire Continuity Thru a Pair of Connectors - Acad-e 2010

Another puzzle to solve...

For various reasons, we are showing a plugged connection (like between two VGA cables) with separate plug and receptacle parametric connector symbols. The problem is - when you do it this way, you get different wire numbers on either side of the connector. It is a lot more desirable to have the same wire number on either side of the connector.

One way I found to do this was using the "Check/Repair Gap Pointers" tool. I came across that suggestion from a 2004 posting by Nate Holt. That works to get the same wire number through the connector, but it REALLY screws up the wire & cable charts.

I attach 3 files:

"DONOTUSE-WireContinuityConnectors.doc" describes how I used the "Check/Repair Gap Pointers" tool. See case #2.

"DWG-50.DWG" shows the connectors with different wire numbers on each side of the connector.

"DWG-70.dwg" shows the problem. I have two sets of connectors on that sheet. One is just plain wires, the other depicts 2 molded plug cables connected. The molded plug connectors are child symbols to the cables. Look at the sample output. The wiring is all over the place. Not logical or correct at all. I used the same reports on both sheets 50 & 70.

Once I thought it over, the Gap Pointer tool probably makes the wires on either side of the connector into one continuous wire, ignoring the connector entirely. It probably doesn't know what to do with the connector.

So how can I set up connectors like on sheet 50 so the same wire number goes through the connector?!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost