AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable wire numbers duplicating

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
209 Views, 3 Replies

Cable wire numbers duplicating

Hello,
Attached is a fragment of a drawing where all the wires in the cable are taking the same number (circled in magenta). The components acting as connectors seem to be properly "terminated". I have audited this drawing with no changes, rebuilt the database.
Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks,
Lynne
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello again,
I was wondering if anyone could help me on the previous post.
This project is coming back at me, and I'd like to know why this is happening, though I will probably end up redrawing it an it will be fine.
Lynne
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Lynne,

The problem seems to be with the X MOTOR ENCODER symbol, but I don't know why. The X?TERM?? attribuites appear to be OK. You might try rebuilding the symbol. Anyway, when the symbol is deleted, the wire numbers work OK. Sorry that I can't be more help.

Martin
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks, Martin,
You did provide the crucial clue.
I originally created child components named something like
hdv2_conn_15p so I could child them to devices and have them all together and uniquely described.
Then when I got the encoder info for my drawing, I decided to take it another step and create a similar parent device, which
I named hc01_conn_15p.
That was the no-no. When I renamed the parent hdv1_conn_15p, all the wire numbers came in correctly. So the lesson is that if a parent device is in the family c0, all the points on it will take the same wirenumber regardless of the TERMXX value.
Thanks for heading me down the correct path.
Lynne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost