AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable number and wire number

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
542 Views, 3 Replies

Cable number and wire number

Hi.

Example.

I have a 12x1.5mm² cable named CO01(cable marker with the 11 child)

All the wires are named from 1 to 12

Then I have another 12x1.5mm² cable named CO02 (cable marker with the 11 child)

I need the wires be named again from 1 to 12 but it automatically name them 13 to 24.

Any suggestion?

thanks

Ernesto fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello druida78,

For the number 1~ 12 or 13 ~ 24 which you mentioned, is it the wire number you want to assign?

If it is the wire number, then we will not recommand you to assign the same wire number to the different wires, in our ACE, we will automatically to assign the different wire number to different wires.

but you can manually to change the wire number by edit the wire number, but the application will give you a warning dialog to show there is a duplicate wire number existed already. and if you still want to duplicate the wire number, then there will be some problem you are doing the wire list report and also other wire number related operations.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Hi

Yes, they are wire numbers.

So, is it a good option name the wire number with the cable name and a number? (ex. C01-1)

I 've tried changing the properties of the wire number format using %W-%N instead of %N but it doesn't work for me. It returns %W-1, %W-2, etc. I'm configuring it wrong?

thanks for your response

Ernesto Fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Just a point - do you mean cable core identifying numbers 1-12 per cable, where each core is the same colour with a printed core number to identify it?

i.e. Wire number 74 = cable C01 core 1, Wire number 75 = cable C01 core 2,,,, Wire number 100 = cable C02 core 1, Wire number 101 = C02 core 2 etc.

If so look at Fan In/Out the explanation uses core colours but I guess these could be numbers.

Regards

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost