AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Diagram?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Nitro
501 Views, 3 Replies

Cable Diagram?

It looks like most info is on the creation of Schematics and Wiring Diagrams. What do some of you use to create Cable drawings used for the manufacturing of Wire Harnesses? What comes first, the wire diagram or Harness? Can AutoCAD E do this? My class is next week and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before hand.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Nitro

Hi, AutoCAD Electrical can be used to design the 2D "Point-to-Point" wiring diagram that can in turn drive the cable and harness functionality inside of the Autodesk Inventor Professional product. This provides a true 3D representation and routing of the harness that can be applied directly to a model. To learn more about how this works, please check out this Cadalyst article. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=4131575 Hope this helps. Scott Reese Product Manager AutoCAD Electrical ----------------------------------- "Nitro" wrote in message news:2949710.1081449410116.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > It looks like most info is on the creation of Schematics and Wiring Diagrams. What do some of you use to create Cable drawings used for the manufacturing of Wire Harnesses? What comes first, the wire diagram or Harness? Can AutoCAD E do this? My class is next week and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before hand.
Message 3 of 4
Nitro

Thank you very much. I am an ex Pro-e user and am very excited about learning AutoCAD. We do have Inventor. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Nitro, Just to be clear, the passing of wire information to Inventor Professional is available only from AutoCAD Electrical, not vanilla AutoCAD. Regards, Scott -------------------------- "Nitro" wrote in message news:17586368.1081508822703.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thank you very much. I am an ex Pro-e user and am very excited about learning AutoCAD. We do have Inventor. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost