AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
getedoli
299 Views, 3 Replies

CR TABLE

When I am running AEGS (AEGS04.dwg) with LS406(select) -> edit component->Lookup->Other->CR->View The program ends, just one time I could see the relay data list, but the computer becomes very very slow and after it crashes, Do anyone has the same problem?, How can I speed up database reading?, seems like it happens just with CR table.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MTE Controls
in reply to: getedoli

Insure that there is not to many projects in the manager. Close out all but the relivent ones. They are not gone just closed. This is one thing that I have found that helped to stop crashing my system. Consider a memory upgrade also.

Eric
Message 3 of 4
jjohnston2FBYC

I agree with MTE Controls removing as many or all active projects rely speeds your AutoCAD up.

More option:

If you're facing this issue frequently, here are some steps to try and resolve it:

1. Close AutoCAD and open your main databases in Access. Perform a compression/clean-up. This helps eliminate some of the unnecessary data that AutoCAD accumulates when you add or edit items.

1. If the above step doesn't help or isn't relevant to the issue, focus on cleaning up your temporary file locations. These are typically located in:

- C: \Windows \Temp

- C: \Users \{YOUR LOGIN USER NAME} \AppData \Local \Temp\

I recommend deleting all files that Windows allows you to delete in these folders on a daily basis.

1. Additionally, perform a purge on the drawing or all drawings. Make sure to purge everything to clear out any unused elements.

1. If you're still using the Access database that came with AutoCAD Electrical and haven't migrated to an SQL database yet, I suggest keeping it local rather than on the network. Based on my experience, this approach tends to work better in many companies. Designate one admin as the primary curator of the database and distribute copies to others as needed.
  2. and of course the infamous “have you turned off your computer and back on?” 
Message 4 of 4
rhesusminus

This post is from 2006. There was no SQL support then...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost