AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COIL/CONTACT CROSS REFERENCE

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
breierg
1333 Views, 13 Replies

COIL/CONTACT CROSS REFERENCE

Anyone know a way to separate the cross reference contact cross reference locations on a parent coil. I have safety relays that carry NO, NC and NO timed NC timed contacts and would like for those types of contacts to be separated on the parent cross reference not just NO/NC

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
dougmcalexander
in reply to: breierg

You might want to consider table style cross-references and select the option to use Symbol Mapping.  This type of cross-referencing takes more room on the drawing but looks great and provides lots of detail.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 14
breierg

I'm limited on drawing space and am looking to separate the two tyes of contacts, is there a way to achieve this?

Message 4 of 14
breierg

I'm looking at table style for my cross reference but cant seem to get the cell/row/colum sizes to go any smaller than some preset default, is there a default somewhere that can be changed for cell hight and width

Message 5 of 14
dougmcalexander

E

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 6 of 14
breierg
in reply to: dougmcalexander

E?Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
dougmcalexander

I don't know what happened to my previous post. I will type it again.

Go to the Home menu tab and click Table, or type Tablestyle at the command line. You can modify a table's default parameters for text size, borders, etc.

Note: This only applies to the drawing you have open. To make this affect all future new drawings, modify the Table Style(s) in your drawing template.

Doug McAlexander

Message 8 of 14
breierg

I have dont that but cant seem to change the cell hight and width the cells only get so small even if that margin is set to 0.00

Message 9 of 14
dougmcalexander

The text size and margin setting will determine the cell width and height.

Doug McAlexander

Message 10 of 14
breierg

I have the text size at 0.8 the margins at 0.00 and the cell size will not go any smaller and I need it smaller is there some minimun default set somewhere?

If I go to properties I can set the cell margin and cell hight the size I want but if I bring in another table thur cross reference it comes in at some defalt size

Message 11 of 14
breierg

0.36 is that smallest cell hight I can seem to get autoCAD to allow

Message 12 of 14
breierg

anyone know why Acad will not allow a cell hight smaller than 0.36?

Message 13 of 14
breierg

Still cant seem to get this to work, should be able to separate these contacts.

Read about a lisp to add contact description that Nate wrote a while back. Anyone have that available?

Message 14 of 14
PatMurnen_Adsk

If using the Table style format for cross-reference it is a good idea to create a table style specifically for it. Use the TABLESTYLE command to create it and set its text height and margins. Make sure to set the text height and margins for all 3 categories of table text, i.e. Data, Header, Title. 

In your AutoCAD Electrical Drawing Properties -> Cross-References tab -> Table Format -> Setup select the table style you created.

Re-run the cross-reference command and all cross-reference tables update to match the table style you have defined.

There is one other thing that affects minimum cell height. AutoCAD adds a small amount of the text height to the bottom cell margin. I think for text that has letters that go below the line like a lower case y. So say my text height is 0.1 and my vertical margin is 0.06. I would calculate the cell height to be 0.1 + 0.06 + 0.06 = 0.22. But it actually turns out to be about 0.25. 

I don't think there is a way to separate the cross-references out suing the text style cross-referencing but I will do a little research and let you know if I find anything.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost