AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATALOG DATA AND MULTIPLE CATALOG NUMBERS

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
6984 Views, 22 Replies

CATALOG DATA AND MULTIPLE CATALOG NUMBERS

Hello All,

I am trying to figure out how to add multiple catalog numbers when inserting a component. I know i can add them manually but is there a way to add them when I do a catalog look up.

In the end I am looking for the BOM on the panel layout to include all the necessary parts i need

I am trying to load a disconnect that has 3 parts

1) disconnect (ab part # 1494V-DS200)

2) fuse clip (AB part # 1401-N45)

3) Lug kit (AB Part # 1494R-N3)

Any insite into this would be greatly appreaciated

Thanks

Dennis

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

Justin

I am sorry that it has taken so long to figure this out. The software still needs one more attribute to be added to your block.

For each multiple item in the symbol, add a WDBLKNAM## attribute. Set this default value to the database Table where the  multiple item data is located. Now when you insert the symbol, the software will know where to look for the part data. I had this problem earlier and this was how I fixed it. I am sorry I did not recognize earlier what problem  you were having. The light bulb just when on….

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hello Doug,

I was playing around with your method but I was wondering how you annotate the mulitple catalogs once the Footprint is layed down and the BOM shows that they are correctly linking??

Thanks!

Message 23 of 23
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

If you mean how do you change any of them, just edit the footprint and click Multiple Catalog. Click the arrow at the top of the dialog to select which entry you wish to change.  If you mean assigning item numbers, you can enter manually on the same Multiple Catalog dialog or use my preferred method, the Resequence Item Numbers utility.  This utility will assign item numbers alphabetically according to manufacturer.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost