AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug... Nate?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
149 Views, 3 Replies

Bug... Nate?

I've found that if you do the following in a panel dwg: - generate a BOM in tallied purchase format - add "Iitem" to the list - sort by item number (which doesn't seem to order sequentially anyways..1.2.3...10...etc..) - change the justification of the Item column from Right to (Center or Left, your choice) .... you'll leave it processing forever and AE2005 will not respond. The only way to clear this problem is to erase the pur_pbom.set file and try again. Any trick to getting the BOM to properly sort by Item and not hang when changing the justification of the column? Thanks, Omar P.S. this happened in AE2004 also. 😞
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

As faras the sort is concerned, you have to have placeholder "0" (zeroes) for the sort to line up correctly.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes, you are correct! I can get it to lock at my end too and it's now "logged". Thanks for taking the time to report this issue! Nate. "OmarP" wrote in message news:41378d8c_2@newsprd01... > I've found that if you do the following in a panel dwg: > - generate a BOM in tallied purchase format > - add "Iitem" to the list > - sort by item number (which doesn't seem to order sequentially > anyways..1.2.3...10...etc..) > - change the justification of the Item column from Right to (Center or Left, > your choice) > > .... you'll leave it processing forever and AE2005 will not respond. > > The only way to clear this problem is to erase the pur_pbom.set file and try > again. > > Any trick to getting the BOM to properly sort by Item and not hang when > changing the justification of the column? > > Thanks, > Omar > P.S. this happened in AE2004 also. :( > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Robert, It worked. Thanks for the tip... Omar "testsubject" wrote in message news:3749334.1094171408278.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > As faras the sort is concerned, you have to have placeholder "0" (zeroes) for the sort to line up correctly. > 01 > 02 > 10 > > 001 > 002 > 100 > > Robert Hanrahan > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > ACE user since 1998

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost