AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
psrajesh4u
Message 1 of 3 (261 Views)

Breaker auxiliry contacts & motorized operating mechanizm

261 Views, 2 Replies
10-29-2012 08:15 AM

Hi,

Please help me to know the proper way of insering NO/NC/Trip auxiliry contacts for a circuit breaker, also I need to add a Undervoltage/ shunt trip release and a motorized electrical operating mechanism for the same breaker. Now Iam choosing a relay NO contact and change the family to CB. I dont know how to show the undervolatge release/shunt trip release/ motorized operating mechanism for that breakers. While making a component wirle list I need to get all the wire connections associated with that particular breaker. 

Regards,

Rajesh.

*Expert Elite*
Icemanau
Message 2 of 3 (253 Views)

Re: Breaker auxiliary contacts & motorized operating mechanizm

10-29-2012 03:39 PM in reply to: psrajesh4u

Under the breaker/disconnect menu in the Insert Component dialog, there is a sub menu for Circuit Breaker 2nd poles.

This includes the standard auxiliary contacts which should cover your contacts.

However the the shunt trip and and motorised operator are not represented. I actually copied the standard relay coil, modified it to be a child component and stuck it in this menu as well. This coil is what I use for things like the shunt trip. For a motor, go to the Motor Control section and there should be a suitable motor there.

I find that I use coils like this a fair bit as the company I work for builds and supplies 11kV and 33kV vacuum and gas circuit breakers.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman)

Contributor
psrajesh4u
Message 3 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: Breaker auxiliry contacts & motorized operating mechanizm

10-30-2012 07:44 PM in reply to: psrajesh4u

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

regards,

Rajesh.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community