AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaker auxiliry contacts & motorized operating mechanizm

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
psrajesh4u
985 Views, 2 Replies

Breaker auxiliry contacts & motorized operating mechanizm

Hi,

Please help me to know the proper way of insering NO/NC/Trip auxiliry contacts for a circuit breaker, also I need to add a Undervoltage/ shunt trip release and a motorized electrical operating mechanism for the same breaker. Now Iam choosing a relay NO contact and change the family to CB. I dont know how to show the undervolatge release/shunt trip release/ motorized operating mechanism for that breakers. While making a component wirle list I need to get all the wire connections associated with that particular breaker. 

Regards,

Rajesh.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: psrajesh4u

Under the breaker/disconnect menu in the Insert Component dialog, there is a sub menu for Circuit Breaker 2nd poles.

This includes the standard auxiliary contacts which should cover your contacts.

However the the shunt trip and and motorised operator are not represented. I actually copied the standard relay coil, modified it to be a child component and stuck it in this menu as well. This coil is what I use for things like the shunt trip. For a motor, go to the Motor Control section and there should be a suitable motor there.

I find that I use coils like this a fair bit as the company I work for builds and supplies 11kV and 33kV vacuum and gas circuit breakers.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
psrajesh4u
in reply to: psrajesh4u

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

regards,

Rajesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost