AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block attribute text not center justifying correctly [AutoCAD Electrical]

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
5428 Views, 9 Replies

Block attribute text not center justifying correctly [AutoCAD Electrical]

Hello,

I'm having a problem where CAT attribute in my ACADE block isn't justifying to the center correctly.

For example, the attribute will say 750-431, and in the block on file the center grip will correctly center at the hyphen "-". In this drawing and this drawing only though, the center grip will show up around the "4", as if there are are spaces to the right, but there aren't.

There's something wrong with the block attribute definition, but I have no idea what's causing it. BATTMAN shows me nothing. ATTSYNC and AESWAPBLOCK updates don't seem to fix it.  Any ideas?  DWG is uploaded.

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original: Block attribute text not center justifying correctly

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry couldn't find the edit post button.

This problem is now affecting the rest of my drawings. Some offset property in my database must have changed.  Doing an ATTSYNC on my dynamic blocks now changes everything else that WAS right to the incorrect configuration.  Another drawing loaded to show the problem. The 2nd line with the date is not centering, but doing an ATTSYNC on someone else's computer works.

Block definition still looks fine. Deleting and purging the block doesn't change it.

Funny enough. When I put a space on either side of the text to offset manually, the text always moves more left both ways. Weird.

Message 3 of 10
Icemanau

I've had a similar problem with attributes after someone has opened a dwg in another program or without the correct font installed.

Check that the font that is being used is correct and the file for the selected font is actually on your system.

As for the Edit Post button, click on the Options link on the post and it should be in there. I know Edit Reply is there.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello thanks for the reply.

The font is just standard Bold Arial so I don't think that is the case. Furthermore I'm the only one opening the drawings. I've had other people open them to test though, and the dynamic blocks seem to revert back to normal...up until I open them again.

I've noticed the problem starts when I stretch the blocks. This is when I manipulate the block using the grips that look like arrows in my 2nd upload. That wouldn't explain my problem in the 1st upload though.

Message 5 of 10
rhesusminus

Hi!

I'm not sure WHY AutoCAD Does this, but I created a small VBA-macro to fix it.

THe only thing this macro do, is to go through each block in the drawing, and then step through all the attributes in these blocks, and just update them. Then, they're all ok.

Public Sub test()

Dim AcadEnt As AcadEntity
Dim BlockRef As AcadBlockReference
Dim Atts() As AcadAttributeReference
Dim AttCounter As Integer

For Each AcadEnt In ActiveDocument.ModelSpace
    If TypeName(AcadEnt) = "IAcadBlockReference" Then
        Set BlockRef = AcadEnt
        If BlockRef.HasAttributes Then
            Atts = BlockRef.GetAttributes
            For AttCounter = LBound(Atts) To UBound(Atts)
                Atts(AttCounter).Update
            Next
            ReDim Atts(0)
        End If
        Set BlockRef = Nothing
    End If
Next

Set AcadEnt = Nothing

End Sub

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 10

Here is both the reason and solution

Starting after ACADE 2016 I believe it is, Autodesk in their infinite wisdom stop supplying the romans.shx file with the application in an attempt to force everyone to move to true type fonts, which is obviously causing problems for many as the conversion isn't there yet, especially regarding existing drawings and blocks.

To correct this, place a copy of the attached romans.shx file in the following directory:

C:\Users\yourusernamehere\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2018\R22.0\enu\Support

If you found this helpful, please give me a thumbs up.

Message 7 of 10

I have romans.shx shipped with my AcadE 2019...
Just checked AcadE 2018, AcadM 2018 and AcadLT 2018. They all ship with romans.shx.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 8 of 10
Mk-Cad

There is a simpler command solution for this problem. I'm trying to remember myself, having the issue again. I'll reply when I think of it again. 

Message 9 of 10
alina.balkanskaia

@Mk-Cad Thank you! Please share the valuable information (when you'll get it) and mark it as the Solution - it would help many other users! 

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager
Message 10 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: Mk-Cad

Did you figure it out?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost