AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
kani_mca
447 Views, 1 Reply

Block Name

How to Get Block Name from Current drawing using vb.net?

Dim objEditor As Editor = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor
        Dim objDocument As Document = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument
        Dim objDatabase As Database = objEditor.Document.Database
        Dim symbolNames As String
        Using objTransaction As Transaction = objDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
            Dim objBlockTable As BlockTable
            objBlockTable = TryCast(objTransaction.GetObject(objDatabase.BlockTableId, OpenMode.ForRead), BlockTable)

Dim objBlockTableRecord As BlockTableRecord
            objBlockTableRecord = TryCast(objTransaction.GetObject(objBlockTable(BlockTableRecord.ModelSpace), OpenMode.ForRead), BlockTableRecord)
            For Each acObjId As ObjectId In objBlockTableRecord
                symbolNames = acObjId.ObjectClass.DxfName
            Next

End Using

when Iam using the above code,I get all object name...but i did not get block name,instead of that i got "INSERT" as a Block name...I want to get Block name correctly...How to get it?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: kani_mca

Using this code, you are asking for the DXFNAME og the object class, wich is INSERT (i.e. a Block Reference).

You will have to check the Name-property of this block refrence for what you are looking for.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost