AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Material Export To Excel Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
787 Views, 4 Replies

Bill of Material Export To Excel Problem

We are using Electrical 2011 with update 1 applied. When I try to export a BOM report to Excel, I get an empty file with nothing but the column headers. The weird thing is, after weeks of it not working and getting a blank xls file, it worked fine multiple times yesterday. Today, it is back to a blank file. This is happening for multiple users (sometimes it works, most of the time it is a blank file with just the column headers). It does work when we export to a CSV file, every time, but the user post (QTY X SUB --> QTY) does not populate for a CSV export. Is this a known issue, and is there a solution?

I have attached the xls file and what I could capture with the command trace turned on.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see anything in the command line trace that would indicate what happened. Can you send a small project (.wdp file and drawings) to me so I can try and reproduce it? You can send it to me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com.

I am not sure it would affect this but what options are you using on the dialog when you run the report, i.e. Normal Tallied, etc.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Thank you for the help. I just sent you an email with a small project and other details. Once this is resoleved, I will post the solution for any others having the same issue.

Message 4 of 5
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

It turns out that there was a "#" character in one of the field names which was keeping the data from being written to the Excel file successfully. I will log this issue but for now if the "#" is removed from the field name it should work.

To change a field name, run the report and pick the Change Report Format button. Then select the field name in the right-hand list and edit the field name.

It is always best to stay away from characters that are used as wildcards. This would include # @ . (period) * ? ~

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Pat,

Thanks again for your help in resolving this issue! My engineers and purchasing dept are going to be happy to take advantage of the built in automation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost