AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plotting Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
upscale
416 Views, 3 Replies

Batch Plotting Problem

I have just installed the new edition of AutoCAD Electrical and I can not get the batch plot to work of my projects. The script is getting broken. Here is the script:

mmand: _.-PLOT
Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] : _Y

Enter a layout name or [?] : 'wd_chk4_layoutnam_oem "Model"
"Model"
Enter an output device name or [?] : C:\Documents and
Settings\temarcha\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical
2005\R16.1\enu\Plotters\ENG0_LJ_4V.pc3
Enter paper size or [?] : ?

Available media sizes.
"Maximum 11.7 x17.7"
"Double Japan Postcard Rotated"
"Envelope Monarch"
"Envelope C5"
"Envelope DL"
"Envelope #10"
"Note"
"11x17"
"B5 (JIS)"
"B4 (JIS)"
"A4 Small"
"A4"
"A3"
"Executive"
"Legal"
"Letter Small"
"Letter"

Enter paper size or [?] : Legal
Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] :
Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] : Landscape
Plot upside down? [Yes/No] :
Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] : _E
Enter plot scale (Plotted Inches=Drawing Units) or [Fit] : _F
Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: 1.50

Command: _Y
Unknown command "Y". Press F1 for help.

The script is stopping at the next step "Plot with plot styles?" I know that it must be something simple, but this is driving me nuts. I had no problem with the last version.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: upscale

it looks like the issue here is the value entered for the 'Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: ' prompt. This prompt is looking for either an x,y offset, or 'C' for center. It looks like the value entered was '1.5'. A decimal used instead of a comma possibly. I entered 1.5 and got the same results as below. When I entered 1,5 it worked fine giving me an offset of 1 unit in the x, and 5 units in the y direction. Steve AutoCAD Electrical QA "upscale" wrote in message news:7909776.1093027729491.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have just installed the new edition of AutoCAD Electrical and I can not get the batch plot to work of my projects. The script is getting broken. Here is the script: > > mmand: _.-PLOT > Detailed plot configuration? [Yes/No] : _Y > > Enter a layout name or [?] : 'wd_chk4_layoutnam_oem "Model" > "Model" > Enter an output device name or [?] : C:\Documents and > Settings\temarcha\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical > 2005\R16.1\enu\Plotters\ENG0_LJ_4V.pc3 > Enter paper size or [?] : ? > > Available media sizes. > "Maximum 11.7 x17.7" > "Double Japan Postcard Rotated" > "Envelope Monarch" > "Envelope C5" > "Envelope DL" > "Envelope #10" > "Note" > "11x17" > "B5 (JIS)" > "B4 (JIS)" > "A4 Small" > "A4" > "A3" > "Executive" > "Legal" > "Letter Small" > "Letter" > > Enter paper size or [?] : Legal > Enter paper units [Inches/Millimeters] : > Enter drawing orientation [Portrait/Landscape] : Landscape > Plot upside down? [Yes/No] : > Enter plot area [Display/Extents/Limits/View/Window] : _E > Enter plot scale (Plotted Inches=Drawing Units) or [Fit] : _F > Enter plot offset (x,y) or [Center] <0.00,0.00>: 1.50 > > Command: _Y > Unknown command "Y". Press F1 for help. > > The script is stopping at the next step "Plot with plot styles?" I know that it must be something simple, but this is driving me nuts. I had no problem with the last version.
Message 3 of 4
upscale

Thanks for the help, that was the problem. I actually had to set the offset to 1.5,0 and it worked like a champ. The IT people here had just upgraded me to a new computer and I was not able to check the old settings that I had in AE 2004.
Message 4 of 4
Lintt

Hi,
I am having a similar problem with WD batch print, except I am getting an Unknown Command F.
I wasn't too clear on where you were able to edit your printing settings.
How do I fix this?
Lynne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost