AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon weirdness

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kwj
Contributor
577 Views, 4 Replies

Balloon weirdness

When I insert balloons, quite often the balloon circle is offset from the item number (as seen in attached image). I can't seem to figure out why this happens more often than not. I usually redraw the balloon a couple times and it eventually spits out one that looks right. Anybody know why ACADE 2015 does this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcronin
in reply to: kwj

Try turning off object snap. This worked for me. The components of the baloon sometimes find different reference points to snap to.

Message 3 of 5
sonny3g
in reply to: mcronin

Another item to be aware of is your units setting.  If you are using say architectural and have it set to a precision of 3" you will get very weird results.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: kwj

Keep Object Snap off while editing schematic drawings as well. Strange things will happen. A block you insert into the middle of a wire might jump to the end of the wire, just as an example.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
jalger
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Object Snap Issues...

I would turn off all object snaps except "Nearest" (looks like an hourglass). and if you playing with text the "insertion" point.

Object snaps can re be really useful, you just have to know when to turn them off, its like the grid snaping.

The Grid is great for Intial Placement, but it sucks for editing.

The Endpoint, and midpoint Object snaps are generally BAD for ACADE Schematics, sometimes they are useful for panels though. 

(But not for Balloons!)

Again its all about knowing when to turn off a feature.

I hope this Helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost