AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon's with no leaders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kellengross1
832 Views, 3 Replies

Balloon's with no leaders

I am using AutoCADE 2014, but I had this problem with AutoCADE 2013 as well.  

I right-click on a component and choose "Insert Balloon".  I create a leader from that component to a spot off of the sub-panel, and then I place the balloon.  This usually works fine.  However, when I group other balloons with the "leader" balloon, the balloons with no leaders jump all over the place.  I have to stop and move them to where I had originally wanted to place them every time.

In the attachment below, I made one balloon with a leader.  Then, I inserted 6 more balloons.  With Object Snap, I chose the left quadrant of the furthest left balloon for each placement.  As you can see, AutoCAD just ballparked it each time.  Neither of my co-workers have seen this problem...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If those additional balloons represent Multiple Catalog entries, the software has the ability to automatically insert the additional balloons and properly align them.  That is the preferred method for subassembly parts with unique item numbers.  However, if you need to insert them manually for some reason, I suggest you turn off OSNAPs and use the Shift-right-click method for selecting the snap point.  Running OSNAPS can often select undesirable locations, especially when working on schematic drawings.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4

These balloons are not multiple catalog entries because the components are not related.  For example, I group circuit breaker balloons with fuse balloons because they are simply near eachother on my subpanel.

Anyways, I used the shift+right-click method and that seems to work.  However, using this method, I need to reset my quadrant OSNAP for each of the 100+ balloons in my project.  So it takes considerably more time to add balloons.  Also, my coworkers don't need to use this method.  They just keep OSNAP on, click where they want the balloon and it appears exactly there.  I have trouble considering that my AutoCADE is any different than theirs...

Message 4 of 4

Make certain that you are all running the same version of the software, including service packs.  Also, there can sometimes be issues between certain graphics drivers and the software.  I've had strange issues on one computer and not the other.  There are so many variables when you factor in computer hardware.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost