AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
druida78
482 Views, 1 Reply

BOM question

Hi to everyone.

Here is my question.

I have to insert a Contactor : ABB / A 9-30-10 / 1sbl 14 1001 R 24 10 but I can't find it in the ABB catalog.

What I'm doing wrong?

It is a one line diagram. I've inserted the component (one pole circuit breaker - the first block in the "insert component/circuit breakers 1 pole" menu - vcb1.dwg).

When it prompted to set tags and other info I select lookup in catalog data, it shows me the catalog list, filtering to ABB it does not appear. Then I'm lost.

In other components such magneto/thermal circuit breakers and diferentials I have no problem in find them in the catalog list.

hope you can guide me

sorry for my english

Ernesto Fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

Arq. Ernesto Fraga
Montevideo - Uruguay
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: druida78

It may be a part number that isn't in the catalog,  While it is the largest catalog of its kind, there may still be parts not listed.  The parts data comes from the manufacturers and may not always be complete.  I have found that the CAD files sent from the manufacturers vary in quality and accuracy as well.  This is not the fault of Autodesk.  Autodesk just includes what they are sent.  It's easy to add a new part number though.  Just click the icon for adding a new entry into the database, and then fill in the information from a cutsheet.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost